Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by rodeojoe
Well, I just picked up my third .458 WM on Monday of this week.
This is a running total for the past 30 years.
This one is a semi-custom Ruger M77 Mark II.
Came with dies and some brass.
I am planning on deer hunting some with it.
Anyone have any good Whitetail loads worked up? wink

rodeojoe, welcome to the Fire, beretzs' load above will be great for low recoil flat shooting white tail deer.

Quick story about your AO, one cold winter night in 2013-2014 i was headed to a 24hourcampfire pig shoot in Monterrey Tenseness, a bit West of Cookeville i blew a #4 injector line on my dodge cummins, i called boss man, he asked what yardstick on I-40E i was at, i told him, in just a little bit two tan unmarked vehicles pulled in behind me with a rolloff wrecker behind them, i take it they were some kind of cops, do you guys have a TBI, state investigative service or some such?

Anyway, they got my truck loaded on the wrecker, i rode in the wrecker to the Dodge dealership right there in downtown Cookeville, the two tan cars went on and parked across the street as we turned into the dealership, we pulled around to the service bays, up walked a man in a grey work uniform smiling with a wad of keys in his hand, he unlocked and rolled up a big door, the wrecker driver dumped my pickup off on the ground, we pushed it backwards into the bay, the service guy went and got a new injector line, installed it for me right there, jumped in and we rode around the building to a detail bay, he fired up a pressure steam washer and washed some of the diesel fuel from under the hood and down the drivers side of my pickup.

I drove him back around front, he closed and locked the door, this all happened at 9 p.m. at night, the guy didn't charge me a dime, wouldn't even take a 100 dollar tip offer, the wrecker driver said no charges either, they shook my hand and sent me on my way, that was a chit load of great hospitality and service i experienced in your town and state that evening, you see, i was prepared to sleep all night in a cold pickup, i had a load of pretty expensive guns on board for the pig shoot, when i got back home, i told Wife if we ever leave this farm in Oklahoma, we're moving to Cookeville Tennessee! smile

As i pulled up on the get on ramp i noticed the two tan cars again, they followed me a for a few miles then exited up the interstate a bit, nice guys all around.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to this part of the country.
And I-40 thru Monterey is watched very closely for all kinds of trafficking, drugs being at the top of the list.
They seemed to have overlooked my invite to the pig shoot that year. confused
Great story, helps take away some of the shame of Al Gore coming from this part of the country!

I am just your average Joe.