Originally Posted by CZ550
Sir Ron, many thanks for all the work you've done, and are still doing, in regard to the 404gr Shock Hammer.

Don't know when that item will be available in Canada, but there is a shop in Toronto that has dealings with Hammer.

I went looking for another can of CFE-223 yesterday at a shop south of here where I've done a lot of business over the years (and where I purchased my first 1-lb can), and all they had in store were four 1-lb cans (total) of gun powder. Two of which they'd just received - and NO CFE-223!

At the range a week ago, a discussion was had, prior to the commencement of shooting, about the extreme shortage of handloading components, mostly in primers and powders as well as bullets and brass.

My son shared his delima in locating any primers for his Traditions in .44 Rem Mag. He did finally succeed at a small shop, but was told by the shop owner that a client had only on the previous day bought most of his primers for $11,000 (that's eleven thousand). That client will never personally, ever, use that many but will resell at about 2x the cost to himself!

There's a LOT of hording going on based on fear and greed!

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Sir Bob,
I only follow in your footsteps.
As to the scarcity of all components lately, I can only say LET'S GO BRANDON.

At least the .458 WM is more flexible and versatile than any other cartridge I can think of.
I am going to start making brass from .375 H&H and such.
Bullets galore, home cast or hard bought.
Powders: Yes anything from Trail Boss, Blue Dot & Blackhorn 209 for ball and shot,
AA-5744 for 250-grainers at 2700 fps to 3000 fps,
and just about any powder of slower burn rate than that,
right on up to CFE-223 for the 500-grainers and heavier.
That is a great powder with which to exceed .450 NE ballistics.
My oh my we at the Square Table have it better than most.
I will admit the .458 Lott might be more useful for birdshot loads, but that is all.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.