Originally Posted by CTF
The mold I queyed up in my cart is a 3 cavity aluminum with a troughed spur plate.
I'm thinking coww with 2% tin for the general run of things. Powder coated.

I probably won't be getting into black powder. There's only just so much will fit between my ears.
I am thinking something like 12 gr of Unique and backer rod.
10 gr of Unique and a 400 gr cast from my 480 Ruger SRH 4.5" gives me right around 1000 fps.
More research is needed.

Sir Spruce,

Very nice, all that.
3 cavity aluminum should be very good at coming up to proper heat and staying warm between pours.
The troughed sprue plate OK for all three cavities being the same.
Of course, if you have a mould with a paper-patch-slick on one side requiring soft alloy
and an FN-GC requiring hard alloy on the other side,
then one must have the standard pour holes with no trough connection.
I have done that with a brass-block Accurate Molds mould for the .458 WM, more later on that.
One must also have two pots of alloys melted and two dippers.
I much prefer a dipper and avoid the bottom-pour melters.
Ross Seyfried tip is to have two different moulds going at the same time while pouring all with the same alloy.
I like running an aluminum or iron mould alongside my brass moulds.
Keeps me from overheating the brass block which may be more prone to warping than either aluminum or iron.

Elephant have been handily brained with a .475 Linebaugh revolver and a 400-gr bullet cut down from a 500-gr solid for 470 NE.
Cut off the base, like Bubba does to the 500-gr TSX to make a 400-gr T6.
Must have been a lead-filled bronze "solid" like a Punch or a Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer Solid.
Maybe I can dig up that story again to clear up any faulty recollection on the Bubba-ed bullet that killed the trophy bull elephant
with ballistics much like the Bagwell BPCR.
Sir Jerry taught me the abbreviation for the Trophy Bonded Sledgehammer Solid. It is TBSS not TBSH.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.