Originally Posted by Riflecrank
Hannay,

Remember that hard lead-alloy bullets will spring back after sizing.
My 92-5-2-1/BHN-25 alloy bullets are often cast at 0.462", painted up to 0.463", then pushed through a 0.460" Lee sizer and end up at 0.461".
I have Lee sizers in .458", .459", and .460", custom ordered pre-covid mess.
The softer lead alloy bullets will size to nominal die diameter and stay like that.
If you had to have one sizer, it should be 0.459" and it will allow you o produce 0.460" hardcast and .459" softer bullets.
I think you can find .459" Lee sizers off the shelf.
CH4D is another source for bullet sizing dies and might have whatever you need off the shelf or will make it as custom order.
I got a 0.511" sizer from CH4D (off the shelf) and expect it to produce 0.512" hardcast and .511" "softcast."

You have to size jacketed and monometal copper bullets to 0.002" smaller than final. They spring back that much.

The Lyman mould handles have apparently changed from the old style where there were these three that I have one each of:

Small No. 2735791
Large No. 2735793
Four Cavity No. 2735794

Now there is one set for single-cavity and two-cavity moulds and a "Four-cavity" handle set for others?
Surely the new handles will work with the old moulds that surely should have same spreads as new moulds ?
Good luck finding what you need these days of "out of stock."
Hoarding of mould handles too ? Makes as much sense as toilet paper hoarding, I reckon.
I would grab any from local emporiums or wherever you can find them new or used and try them.
I used to watch for them at gunshows too, pre-covid.
I browsed at "Biff's Gunworld" and "Knob Creek" here in Guntucky, rummaged about and found some of the old handles.
Other type handles I ordered on internet, Hoch, Saeco, Lee, etc.
Sure makes you appreciate the Lee moulds that come with handles attached in the box.

Thank you, Ron, for your generosity with your knowledge - greatly appreciated! Strange times we live in - though I'd guess the "mould handle shortage" is probably just a knock-on effect of all the demand for other things produced by the same manufacturers. I'm sure I'll find some soon, as well as the sizers. In the meantime... I've got other 458 Win Mag reloading trials to do! :-)