Originally Posted by Hydehunter
got back from Africa 2 weeks ago so I have to get in gear and post a full report but need to figure out how to post pictures as I am a dork when it comes to doing things on the computer. but here is how the cape buff hunt went with my 458 plus P. 404 gr shock Hammer bullet 80 gr AA2230 for 2460 fps. came across the buff standing looking at me with death on his face at about 20 yards PH said shoot him, put a bullet in the left shoulder that went thru the heart we found out later and he spun and ran about 50 feet and went down, got behind him and put the insurance shot between the shoulders and done. neither bullet was recovered. this was a plains game hunt with a cow buff on the plate for 3000 but the Safari owner said if we could come up with an old bull broken horn or not wide I could take him for 5000 instead of the normal 8500 he quoted months ago. I did not tape him but I would say he was about 38 inches but the boss was a good 14 plus inches, wide huge bull. we guessed his weight at about 17-1800 pounds and he was very old probably his last year, a great animal. also took Sable, Kudu, Zebra, and 2 huge warthogs was a great trip to the East Cape

For clarification on the not recovered bullets, were they exits ? Or not pass throughs and the bullets were not found during the processing?

Last edited by ldmay375; 07/16/23.