Originally Posted by Riflecrank
Another thing maybe not discussed enough is to be sure there is tang relief behind the tang. I like to make that the final bedding touch after all else is done. Use two thicknesses of vinyl electrician tape around the side surfaces of the tang and set it in epoxy bedding covering the wood around the tang.

In my previous thread about favorite 40+ caliber rifles that got the ball rolling on this particular project, JFE mentioned tang relief as part of a helpful punch list below that had some overlap with your suggestions in this thread. I've been making note of all the useful advice I've been getting (which was the point of asking all these questions in the first place) but it's still nice to see some actual photos of what other people have done whenever I'm in DIY mode.

Originally Posted by JFE (in another thread)
There are a number of things that can be done to strengthen the stock.
Pillar bedding front and rear action screws (use the kit ex Brownells)
Bed a threaded rod in the pistol grip
Add another factory crossbolt behind the mag box. Use care in fitting this as there is not a lot of wood.
Relieve the stock at the rear of the tang to avoid the tang becoming a wood splitter
As RC mentioned, reinforcing the front of the mag box would be a good idea.
Bear in mind that while laminated stocks are stronger in some areas they can chip easily, particularly near the notch for the bolt handle.