swiftshot means "handloads" not "handholds," I'd guess, in his question to Sir Spruce.

Great varmint hunting by swiftshot, proving that the .458 does all, not too big for small varmints !
He took that one with a SAAMI .458 Lott that he handloaded to less than a starting load in the SAAMI .458 WM.

Here is a use of the photo from Sir Russ to illustrate the maximal SAAMI .458 WM load with Benchmark that he is using on Sambar,
with the same bullet swiftshot used on the varmint.
I call that versatile !

[Linked Image]

I found two boxes of Hornady Superformance 500-gr DGX Bonded .458 WM ammo at Knob Creek,
and one box of Winchester Super-X 510-gr RNSN .458 WM gathering dust at Biff's Gun World on Dixie Highway, Monday.
That is a heck of a way to collect Hornady and Winchester brass for the .458 WM, but one can never have too much of that.
But I have lots of Hornady .458 Lott brass to cut down to 2.500" if needed.
Lots of Winchester .375 H&H to blow out to .45-cal too.
Jack Lott did it for the 2.8" case, so it if that was shortened to 2.5" the necks would likely not be as thinned.
If I ever get really desperate I have plenty of R-P stuff too, in .375 H&H and .416 RM to neck up, blow out, and shorten to 2.5".
Federal cases too.
I am saving the Norma .458 WM brass for paper-patched bullets and duplexed BP.
Very interesting times we live in, due to the Chinese curse and the DALDED facilitators.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.