Congratulations Sir Ron on motivating Hammer Bullets to produce what may very well become the best 400gr/.458 ever!

Unfortunately we'll never see it in Canada in my lifetime with a cost like that. But maybe I could send a direct order from heaven!?

In the meantime, I've a question:

I've 49 VERY hard-cast bullets in .459" . BHN should be well over 20. The average weight is 410 grs, they are impregnated with a copper coat, one grease groove .30" from the flat base (with slight bevel, and no GC) and a crimp groove at .435" from a flat .30" nose; obviously made for the likes of a Marlin. I've had them "forever", getting them from an add in HANDLOADER over two decades ago.

It looks like I've only fired one - not sure why, but I think it sort of "key-holed" - it's vague with me now. The lube in the grease-groove is a pale red - not sure if it's still good. I'd like to try one (or more if that goes well) in the Ruger .458.

Question: What do you think? When you get 10 secs to think about it and give a short reply...

PS: They are 1.1" BOL and could be seated to a COL of 3.2" - 3.225" so case mouth is just above the grease groove.

Thanks.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Last edited by CZ550; 01/19/22.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus