Attention getting meme to flag the start of page 90, no offense meant to Sir Bob who suffers under Fidel Trudeau.
He might take some comfort in realizing he is not suffering O'Biden and Obamala as directly as his southern neighbors.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by CZ550
Is the lowest impact velocity for expansion yet known/claimed for the new "404"gr/.458 ?

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Sir Bob:

I called Steve Davis at Hammer Bullets yesterday.
They have not tested that particular yet, as they have just now produced it on my request,
as a simple scale-up of their 270-gr/.375-cal "Dangerous Game" Shock Hammer.
That bullet has reportedly performed very well in all regards,
artificial media and field reports on game animal bagging. Bagged well.

Steve says the "404"/.458 SH might start opening up in the 1500 to 1600 fps range.
He expects all the petals to blow off by 1800 fps, leaving a flat nose penetrator and secondary-wounding petals.
No top end limit on speed, whether 1800 fps or 2600 fps from the mighty .458 WinMag.
We shall see.

I would expect that sort of thing with a brass hollow point, but not the usual for a copper monometal.

Hammer Bullets are made from a special alloy, 99.8% copper and something else: Sulfur !!!
Fire and brimstone !!!
Steve Davis said they had the copper from GSC and CEB spectrographically analyzed.
They say they tried those alloys and they did not work like they wanted.
Somehow they hit upon a different alloy and it worked wonders.
The copper rod suppliers thought they were crazy in wanting that alloy for bullet making.

I guess it machines beautifully, like "free-machining 360" brass, and reportedly makes the petals explode off similar to brass,
only better than brass since the metal is denser than brass.
This is all hear say, but I say it hears good.

To shoot water jugs and buckets at velocities from ~1500fps to ~2500 fps is my plan.
The MIB tests in wetpack by Sir Michael are coming, Lord willing and the creeks don't rise.
He is pretty good at recovering and photographing bullets for his immense data base.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.