Originally Posted by gunner500
The 461 Gibbs could indeed be a twin to the 44-77 Sharps as could the 450 BPE 3-1/4" be a brother to the 45 3-1/4" Sharps ; ]

A lot of similarities in those days, all cooler than today's rage over the "six five manbun." sick]

Well, at least the six five manbun got a SAAMI designation that makes it sound interesting, historic.
Yes many similarities on both sides of the pond.
The real Creedmoor models (Rigby ML, Sharps 1874, Remington RB), and fanciful M70 African BPCR do have a lot in common:
same BP ballistics with 530 to 550-gr paper patched bullets in .45-bore, ditto the .461 Gibbs that Selous killed the Big Five with,
maximum rifle weight of 10 pounds
minimum trigger pull of 3 pounds
no scopes

I just need to get a vernier sight on the heel of a .458 WM-BPCR and I am ready to go to the matches.
Black powder is of course the ideal propellant for 550-grain paper patched bullets.
No smokeless load could deliver the uniformity at the perfect velocity for prone or back position shooting.
Perfect for getting a 75-foot rise in the trajectory on the way to a 1000-yard target.

Frank C. Barnes did a lot of shooting with 1:14" twist .45-70 Gov't. custom rifles.
He liked 1:14" best, would not want one slower than 1:16" twist, though admitting the experts warned against anything faster than 1:18" twist.
The 1:14" twist test is coming up for my .458 WM-BPCR, with duplexed BP and paper patch.
Duplexed BP and paper-patched lead with a lube cookie is cleaner shooting than any smokeless-jacketed load.
After 50 rounds, with no wiping or blowing,
the former shows trace BP fouling and no lead fouling.
while the latter will show smokeless powder fouling and heavy copper or brass or gilding metal fouling.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.