Originally Posted by rockdoc
Thank you Sir. I will try that. Best To date I have run RE15 and Kynoch wads in that and a nice 500 3 1/4” Royal Dlx Ejector I used to own. I use same powder in the 375 H&H Flanged Barrels (by H&H) that go with the 500/450.

I found H4350 wasn’t giving me the correct velocity for the load/pressure, I think pressure was too low for the velocity, but that’s another story!

My 500/450 is close to 50 below TR’s, and my 500 3 1/4” was four below that.

Happy hunting!

Hello Chris, you're most welcome, and Thanks You too Sir, i use H-4350 in 500 and 577 Nitro doubles only, it regulates the 570gr TSx and Banded solids to a beautiful 2168 fps in the 500, and a Buffalo and Hippo smashing 2076 fps in the 577, both rifles have 26" barrels, went with H-4831 in the 500-450 because of it being a bottleneck cartridge, you're going to smile big when you hear the thunderous BOOM it lets off at firing, my Wife calls my Holland "Big Thunder" LOL.

Speaking of bottlenecks and wads, i had reserves in doing so as i couldn't figure how the wad would handle the neck juncture of the case, while easily understanding how easy wads work in straight walled hulls, a half inch wad tucked neatly in a 458 neck may indeed hold the powder down just fine, i just wondered about pressure spikes at the "draw down" area of case body to neck to exiting the cartridge hull, no worries at all with H-4831, it carries nice warm pressure [read low] all the way down the barrels, i like the even barrel warming temp with hand wrapped around barrels, guess i'm trying to say i sure like "even smooth" Sir. cool

Trump Won!