[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am guessing that .416 Rigby of Sir Jerry was a Gen-2 with 24"-long, "heavy" barrel
having muzzle diameter under the front sight band of 0.810", same as my late 1990's .416 Rigby.
Perfect barrel profile for a .505 Gibbs.
Since he shot "thousands" of 400-grainers at 2700 fps to erode the throat,
he gets a gold star for putting the integral quarter rib to further use, instead of scrapping it like swiftshot !
I would love to find a .375 H&H Gen-3 RSM with the 23"-long, 0.750" muzzle diameter, factory barrel
and have it rebored for a .458 WM+ with integral quarter rib !

Thanks for posting the pics Sir Ron, that old bruiser sitting on the stump with 600gr Woodleighs at the ready, these loads run 2150 fps, i have taken both to 2500 fps with H-4831 and Retumbo, recoil is horrendous, it broke the cams in two leupold 1.5-5 scopes, it is now an iron sight only rifle, got a nice ivory bead installed from NECG, it looks nice in low light and peering into brush, done the max loads to test stock bedding and oversize crossbolt installation, appears the stock is well protected from recoil, the loads at 2150 will do on any animal worldwide and much easier to shoot

That last pic is showing the blue robbed from that grip cap from many firm grips as i was torching the throat while it was a 416 Rigby, now a 505 Gibbs and nearing 60 years old, i can assure you i'll not torch the throat on a 505! cool

Trump Won!