Originally Posted by Riflecrank
So I flicked the oil out of 450 more of the bullets and wiped them with paper towels.
Used a digital scale that agrees within 0.1 grain of both of my balance beam scales.
I have weighed each and every one of 500 bullets.
Some had as much as 0.6 grains of oil in their hollow points
The weight of any residual oil on them will surely be "a wash" regarding uniformity checking.

I washed only 50 of them, as previously detailed.
The rest will be left in ziplock bags until washed and returned to little plastic boxes from Hammer factory packaging,
as needed for handloading.
I got 10 little plastic boxes of 25 and one bulk cardboard box of 250.

[Linked Image]

Sometime this week they will be fired at range.
Weather is getting good tomorrow but my 86-year-old mother needs some care-taking,
not to mention my other Old Lady.
Not all 86-year-olds are in as good shape as Sir Bob.

It's amazing, I feel great in comparison to last winter when I could barely lift a cup of coffee without shaking! That was the arthritis. Now I work out almost every day with nary a pain! I was on the phone yesterday with a member of our congregation who is the age of our oldest son, and we discussed the health issues from Covid - which both he and wife are recovering from - she was vaxxed 2x and he not at all. Anyway, I said the nurse who tended me after the fifth stent, said I had the heart of a 20-yr old, so would live a long time if I take care of myself - even into my nineties! I told him I didn't think I'd make a hundred, and he replied "Don't count it out, you're in good shape!" So I'm planning a bear hunt this spring.

But my wife is 85 and I ask prayer for her as she goes into the hospital for breast surgery on Monday due to cancer. She's very quiet about it and sombre, since she's nursed patients who've had the same surgery.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus