I tried to learn to ski on a Colorado bunny slope when I was well past 60 years old.
One bounce of my helmeted head off the hard ice of the slope and I was done.
Kids practically teach themselves to ski, and it is with them for life, bless their hearts and destroyed knees.
I still have good knees, despite a mere lateral collateral ligament sprain from side-hilling on moss-slippery rocks
while hunting pigs with a spear in Tennessee.
It healed well.
I value my knees too much to try snow skiing again.
Might do it on water ... used to be able to water ski ... I learned that as a kid.

Sir Jerry revealed the secret to .458 WinMag shooting skill in the recent ".378 WbyMag Recoil" thread: Start young.

Originally Posted by gunner500
Bought a Mark V in 1987 at Carter Country Sports in Houston for 800 bucks, the guy had me take it out back to their range to fire it to make sure i knew what i was about to get my young self into, my right thumb popped my nose pretty well, i came back in with a smile and said i'll take it.

It had already been tapped 8-40 screws, guy mounted dual dovetail bases and rings, a gloss 2-7 Leupold lived on that rifle till i shot the barrel out, great rifle i loaded 235 speers, 270 hornadys, 300gr Sierra, Hornady and partitions, great round, have a bud after more race car parts, he has a 340, 378 and a monster 460, all with brass, dies and powder, a damn big Mark V may be falling in my lap again, recoil isnt bad at all, although recoil velocity is very fast, as is muzzle blast, that may be where some of the concern with the round comes from.

Sir Jerry,
If you come across a spare .460 Wby I will swap a .400 Whelen for it, give you some boot.
It would be a hoot.
I was almost 30 years old when my first .460 Wby taught me how nice the .458 WinMag was.
Sorry I got rid of it now.
I would use the .460 Wby just to see if the 404-gr Shock Hammer can break 3000 fps,
a lot of fuss for an extra 500 fps,
just for a hoot.
So will add once a year on my birthday, shoot it for group with my old accuracy load of 500-grainer at 2500 fps.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.