Dear Sirs, John, Russ and Woods,

Buy a donkey for the flowers, much appreciated.

"With the shape of those groups I would be checking the foreend, changing the scope and/or re-shooting with a known load, and also taking a closer look at the hardness/firmness of the rifle forearm stand and if the forearm was held to reduce barrel lift. No pics of the rifle rest so am guessing here, but a rested forearm which is hand held offers best support and control of the big boomers although that No 1, with classic stock design is a pile driver in rearwards thrust as I recall."

Great advise from Sir Woods. I am doing all that after the WIPE-OUT cleaning in progress now, procrastinator I am with smokeless.

Daisy has always had a tendency to loosen her forearm, which is the only screw I have ever had a noticeable loosening of with each outing.
The forearm attachment will be thoroughly checked. It was bedded with J-B Weld.
The slotted head screw can be replaced with a hex head screw for a pocket tool: Tighten more frequently.

I always grip the forearm firmly and rest the foream and buttstock on sandbags,
and sit erect as possible, rifle high on the rests.
The slice of HD foam rubber squeezed snugly between my shoulder and the rifle butt before each shot prevents all discomfort at the bench.
What happens at the bench stays at the bench, no walking around wearing a sissy pad.

I need to get the buttpad off and check the buttstock screw.
I need to get the scope off and check the quarter rib attachment.
I check all ring screws before each outing and never see any appreciable loosening.
A previous Nikon SlugHunter scope on a bolt action lasted about 400 rounds before it got replaced by warranty.
Probably close to 400 rounds on this Nikon InLine scope now.
Nikon is out of the scope business now.
The scope will get checked.
Hopefully not neccesary to trash a scope after every 400 rounds on a .458 WM.
I have more Leupolds than anything else and they are still in business.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.