If it's not a blizzard or hurricane, I'll be starting the test on Monday, Nov 21, one week from today. We've had very good weather for the latter part of October and early November. Lately it has turned much colder with some light snow.

I think Sir Ron's SWAG will be close.

The media will be nearly 2 feet of tightly packed dry, glossy magazines. MV will be to simulate impact ranges of 160 to 190 yards depending on the BCs of the particular bullets.

The former test from my Ruger No.1 in .45-70 LT fired the 500gr Speer AGS and 480 DGX (non-bonded) at close to the same MV using the same load for each: 1750 for the Speer and 1780 for the DGX. As mentioned, the 500 Speer was arrested at 6.5" having lost it's front core, and the 480 DGX passed completely through impacting a ledge behind the setup leaving an imprint not larger than it's caliber. The 350 TSX penetrated the complete setup but stopped at the last panel of the last box fully expanded (15.5"). They left the muzzle at ~2470 fps.

The new test will have more depth and more magazines of at least 24" or more.

Hoping the weather cooperates, and that no other matters interfere - if so, I'll merely reschedule it.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus