Originally Posted by Riflecrank
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
For those that are interested, Lane Simpson published an article in the September Shooting Times ".458 Win Mag, The Complete Story".
There are a few loads and bullet choices covering Practice, .45/70 equivalent and Full Power loads that will be of interest to handloaders.

I think the information contained within this thread has opened a lot of eyes and the simplicity of a bolt stop mod and full magazine box OAL is a whole new world for pennies on the returns. As always, it is just a matter of recoil, or we would all be using .30/378's wouldn't we?.

AussieGunWriter,

Worthy information there, worth repeating.
I will look for that Layne Simpson article. He is usually pretty thorough.
If you want the 15th Seat at the Square Table of Crusaders for Truth,
tell us your name for the Knight Title, something besides Sir AussieGunWriter I hope.
Already taken: Bob, Ron, Jerry, Mike, Spruce, Dennis, Bill Bagwell, Russ, Hannay, Charles, John, Scotty, Tony, and Bevan.
Thirteen living and one Saint.

Hi Ron,
The name is John Woods.
Boringly simple I know, may complicate the table with 2 John's? Call for arbitration?
My background was more on the heavier side in writing in Oz, with handloading included within every article to help the readers with some short cuts.
John

PS Thanks for the kind words Russ. (I still keep 550gn Woodleigh loads on hand, because....I can)

Last edited by AussieGunWriter; 07/28/21.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.