Sir Jerry's results on the Cape Buffalo are certainly anxiously awaited. I anticipate outstanding bullet performance from the 404 Hammer.

I am going to shoot for 2350-2400 fps from my 22" 458 Winchester standard magazine length and the 404 Hammer. That should be a relatively light recoiling load, have a suitable trajectory arc for my purposes, and should rapidly let the air out of anything in Alaska within 225 or so yards.
I probably never would have tried the Hammer, had Barnes responded favorably to the pleadings for the 400 TSX production after dropping the 400 X-bullet. Water under the bridge. But, at this point the 404 Hammer fits my wants better anyways. I was hooked after opening the first box. The MIB penetration testing, and groups on target sealed the deal for me. Plus they do seem to copper foul the barrel very little. Though personally have never complaints about X or TSX. Certainly no more than A-Frames in my .375, 416, and 458 rifles. Which, I still like A-Frames and found them to group very well in my rifles.
As stated by many, many times; Lots of good to great bullets on the market now. Of course being in stock may be a different story.