Sir Jerry,

I have noticed your Bagwellian method of indexing the bullet on the 570-grainer.
I will try to make use of it when loading the grease-grooved bullets into a bolt action, for accuracy purposes.

As for the 555-gr paper-patched, I will go to single shot in the form of Goldie Pedersoli-Ruger
the .45-2.6" Sharps Winchester Throated, aka .45-70 Elko Magnum.
Will seat the PP bullets less deeply and more loosely, my .45-100 Sharps dies should work better there.
Ironically, the .45-2.6" Starline brass for that is going to have a couple less grains of water gross than the Norma .458 WM 2.5" brass,
but that is plenty !

I am also going to load the 570-grainer to full-blown 3.6" COL with two grease grooves inside the case,
and two grease grooves outside the case.
That will work through the magazine box of an M70 .458 WM+.
The bands and grooves on your 570-grainer line up perfectly for 3.6" COL, even better than for 3.340" COL.
The exposed grease grooves will be dipped in melted BWOO lube to fill the grooves and rest of projecting bullet wiped clean.
Then a small piece of CUT-RITE wax paper will be wrapped around the bullet for transport in ammo box.

Sir Dennis has often opined that exposed grease gooves ain't a bad thing with normal care of ammo.
It is absolutely not a problem if the bullet is hardcast, powder-coat painted, sized to .461" and gas checked.

All of this is about seeing how duplexed BP works in a .458"-grooved rifle with a .458 Winchester Magnum throat using soft alloy, grease-lubed bullets sized to 0.458".
Marcella Winchester-McGowen the .458 WM+ has .458" grooves and 1:14" twist.

It is also about seeing how duplexed BP works with soft alloy paper-patched bullets sized to only 0.448" (over the patch) in a Pedersoli barrel that has 1:18" twist,
with a SAAMI .458 WM throat on the end of a .45-2.6" Sharps chamber.
That barrel was advertised to be .458"-grooved and .450"-bored, but it might have a little choke near the muzzle, down to .456" or .457" in the grooves.
I think that barrel will better give the respect due to the hallowed paper patch.

Also will use a single layer of CUT-RITE wax paper "wad" of 0.0015" thickness according to Saint Bagwell who gave his blessing on their use.
That will go between grease cookie and any bullet,
saving the poker-card wads for over-powder use only.

So the first two loads shown most recently above will be pulled and reassembled to new specs and used as fouling shots.
So be it.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.