Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Fury01

I hope JohnBurns can get in touch with Ross and tell him we are praying for his soul.
As for Phil, well, I think we all need to chip in and buy him a Trump Glock
for his next 9mm brown bear kill in defense of his fishing clients.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Ross Seyfried commemorative Colt 1911 .45 ACP would be neat.

I would think Ross would love this thread and hope he shows up! A picture of his old Pachmayr 45 would be great as well. I remember a line from his writings about same that went something like "I never worried about the guys showing up with brand new guns, holsters or other gear. I worried about the guy who just spent $10,000 on Primers." Primers then were maybe $10 per thousand? As you can tell, that one stuck with me. Also Ross shooting style/position was very unique. He had the old Pachmayr pulled in close to his face, maybe 18 inches. It was a radical modification of the Weaver stance. It certainly worked for him. I tried it, liked it and shot a lot of 45 ball that way for a few years. It was very fast on target and between targets. You had to have wrists and forearms of steel to make it work and in my 20's I did. Once in a while when shooting fast multiples and wanting to whup a youngster, I still pull the old 45 back a bit and get in a hurry. I can only do it for little while nowadays.

Phil could kill three brown bears in defense of his fishing clients with a 15 round Glock. It would certainly Trump his Lady Smith's 6-7 he was carrying would it not?

I

Or Phil could go to a Sig P365XL with a 15 round magazine

[/quote]

As much as I do love my old S&W 39's, the Sig 320 and 365 are my favorite 9mm handguns

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.