My 458 Lott barrel arrived for my Blaser R8 the other day and I took it out this morning for a test run. Gun weighs 10.5# loaded and I shot Federal 400g TBBC as well as Federal 500g Swift A-Frames and one 500g Federal 458 Lott solid.

The 400g TBBC's were an absolute joy to shoot. I'll post a short video later if I can. I plan to do most of my shooting in the future with 400's. I would have shot a bunch of them today but I only have the one box so far.

The 500g A-Frames were less pleasant to shoot, but were just fine as well. I have about 120 of them to shoot up for brass.

The 458 Lott cartridge was a skosh more recoil than the WM, but really not a big deal. The R8 design handles recoil very well. I probably have 60 of these to make brass out of.

If I am lucky, a more traditional 458WM bolt gun should show up late next week and then I will compare the two side by side.

I'm not crazy about having the Lott chamber, but I probably won't be loading long ammo anyway, so hopefully it won't matter much. I am looking into have JES recut the chamber to improve the throat.