Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Originally Posted by gunner500
laugh, between the both of us I know we'll get it done, and no trouble if I shear some screws, this rifle wont wear a scope when hunting Africa, I don't need optics to shoot a couch at 20 yards, just like my 505 Gibbs, those 600 grain Woodleighs are scope killing some-b's.

Woodleigh also makes a 550gn RN and Solid. I have tried the 550gn in 3 .458's and the .460 and like it so much I don't bother with 500 grainers any more. Have a few TSX's in that weight and about 1200 TSX in 350gn and 450gn weigh on the shelf plus some 405gn Remington's but the one I miss most is the 400gn weight as I got over 5 feet penetration from the .460 using that bullet and it was an extremely accurate bullet. Also have a few loaded up in .458 cases waiting for a "special moment".
Once sent a group to Barnes with 5 into .6 at 100yds from the .460. Shooting 3 under a half inch was relatively easy. Damn good bullet.

AGW,

I too use the 550gn Woodleigh in my .458 thanks to an article I read written by you in, I believe, The Australian Shooters Journal.
The article was a review of the CZ550 in.458 and also because of that article, I bought my first .458 - a CZ 550 with the Hogsback stock.
This was the start of my .458 journey and I've since owned 4 more and it has become my favourite cartridge.

So thank you twice!

The 550gn Woodleighs in the 24" barrel of my Zastava M70 reach 2080fps and cloverleaf 3 shots at 50m. I will be using this load to hunt Water Buffalo in the Northern Territory next year and I'm sure it will work great.

Russ

You'll probably never NEED a gun. In fact I hope you never do. BUT IF you do, you will probably need it worse than anything you've ever needed before in your life...