Buy a donkey for that, Hannay. I posted there.

Why have you not claimed your Knighthood ?

Sir Jerry has been doing great charity work for the Crusade for Truth About the .458 Winchester Magnum,
contributing these to the cause:

[Linked Image]

I reckon those will need some smacking with BP run through a .458"-grooved .458 Winchester Magnum
just to show how incredibly versatile the .458 WM is.
First with a scope, then maybe get the comb of the stock near heel inletted for a longrange vernier sight for back position shooting.

From the Rigby book by Calabi et al:

[Linked Image]

Midrange trajectory was about 70 feet and the bullet took about 3 seconds to get to 1000 yards.

Three Sharps 1874's and three Remington 1871 Rolling Blocks beat six muzzleloaders from the UK.
American Henry Fulton with a Remington RB had the highest score of all, beating John Rigby's highest score for the Irish.
Sharps claim to fame was greater safety than the RB in the days of sensitive primers exploding before the action was locked, on rolling the block.
Sharps and Remingtons were of equal accuracy.

From Frank Sellers:

[Linked Image]

The Irish loss to the Americans at Creedmoor was actually their highpoint against the Americans in internationl tournaments.
After that the Americans widened their margins of victory for the USA.
The learning curve was steep, teamwork helped greatly on doping the wind.
Thank Irishman Millner for making a bullseye on the wrong 900-yard target and losing 4 points.
And thank the American Col. John Bodine for making a bullseye and scoring four points on the last shot of the day, at 1000 yards.
He did it with a bloody hand wrapped in a handkerchief, just minutes after an accident with a newfangled glass gingerale bottle.
They called him "Old Reliable" ever after that, even though he was shooting a Remington !
Maybe Mr. Millner had an accident with a bottle of green beer before letting fly at the wrong target ?
Hey, I am mostly Irish. I like beer too, and Scotch Whisky, and Bourbon Whiskey.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.