Elvis was last sighted at the KFC in Whitehorse, Yukon, headed for interior Alaska.
He was heard to be saying "thank you very much" as he left with his to-go bucket of fried chicken.
He spoke that in central Denaakk'e Athabascan dialect: Enaa Baasee'
I think he has been watching Life Below Zero spinoffs on TV.

Here is the picture of the FMJ FN "solids" from Cor Bon.
They have a 0.340" meplat, according to Brian Pearce.
They are not as non-deformable as the CEB brass solids,
and the 74% meplat will not penetrate as well as the 67% CEB BBW#13 nose profile,
but still one bullet passed through a bull and a cow on broadside shoulder shot:

[Linked Image]

Pearce's Marlin was a 1972 version with 22" barrel of 1:20" twist and had 12 grooves and lands.
His stated MV was 1793 fps, not 1650 fps as advertised for the factory load.
And here is his Williams peep sight accuracy, almost as good as he did with the Nikon scope:

[Linked Image]

The cropped off text is finished here, as copied from above, goes with first image in this post:
"The recovered bullet on the left completely penetrated both shoulders of an old bull,
traveled 7 yards and then went through both shoulders of a cow.
The bullet on the right penetrated from rump to brisket of the ancient buffalo."

Buffalo hunt was in Part II of "The .45-70 in Africa" RIFLE #212, March 2004.
Finally I have read it and another amazing feature of the #211+#212 combo is
that in #211 Dave Scovill wrote of converting a Ruger M77 MKII .338 WinMag to .375 H&H,
and in #212 he followed up with the telling of how Phil Shoemaker absconded with it to Alaska.

"It didn't take long for the stock to crack ..."
They replaced the factory walnut with a Ruger factory synthetic stock and off it went to Alaska.
I am only 20 years late in reading about that, though I knew from Phil's posts here that he and his guides got that rifle.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.