Good information, Sir Ron. I’ll take you up on the load data. I’ve found that powder data for the Barnes Banded Solid produces extremely similar MVs with the equivalent weight CEB BBW#13. That finding was reproducible with the 570 grain 0.509” in the 500 NE 3” with different powders, within the same burn rate range. I’ll have to look at my data for the 404s to remind me if that was the case in those cartridges as well.

Experienced good news/bad news today. USPS dropped off the Win M-70 Classic Gene Simillion built for me in 460 G&A. The quality is exactly what I expected. I’ll post some pictures and details in a few weeks. The bad news is that the mail handlers had cracked the stock clean in 2 at the wrist. Curses!!!

As soon as I let Gene know he immediately said - send it back and he’ll replace the stock and bed it again. Still have high hopes the G&A will make it to Zim, but based on the Hawkeye’s performance so far, I’m leaning to using each rifle for each tuskless. Shows the value of always having a plan B because nature tends to be perverse.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now