Of course my .45-2.6" SWT is exactly the same as the C.I.P. homologated .45-70 Elko Magnum created decades before I thought I had invented something new.

I have only shot 10 paper-patched 530-gr BACO bullets in it with duplexed BP, getting over 1400 fps from the 22" barrel.

[Linked Image]

I wasted 20 more of them with smokeless, gaining nothing but unwanted velocity and worse accuracy:
35 grains of AA-5744 >>> 1255 fps
50 grains of AA-5744 >>> 1709 fps average of 5 shots and wild extreme spread of velocities !
Paper-patched bullets and AA-5744 mix like oil and vinegar.

So accounting for those 30 slicks out of a single box of 50, I have 20 more left.
This may allow Goldie Pedersoli-Ruger a chance to save face, maybe do better than her runt sister,
if loaded like Bobbee Boom-Boom Ruger had a fling with:

[Linked Image]

Correction: Above should read " ... powder compression may be reduced from 0.470" to 0.4315" ..."
by substituting a poker-card wad and a Cut-Rite wax paper wad for the two Circle Fly card wads.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That was the first 10 paper-patched bullets I ever fired in June 2019, 20 more wasted with AA-5744.
I fired 15 more on 4-14-2021, bringing my lifetime total to 45 fired in three different rifles:
Bobbee, Goldie, and Marcella, two single-shot rifles, and one bolt-action rifle.
This completes my latest audit of paper-patch bullet accounting.
Yes, one of my three degrees is a Bachelor of Science in Accounting, but I refused to memorize useless manmade crap for the CPA exam way back then.
Now you gotta have a master's degree to take such a crap !

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.