Originally Posted by Fury01
Sir Ron
Great work on the cast bullets. The hammer test is a good one! Stands the test of time. Works on democracies too by the way but I digress.
On alloy and effect; hardness and toughness are different critters and as game bullets toughness is the goal. As you speed those pointier bullets up hardness may get you accuracy but it won’t get you terminal performance. All bullets have to get weight forward bias inside the animal to be reliable performers. Hard pointy bullets won’t do that leading to the same kinds of performance problems you observed with the Barnes 500 tsx in your tests. They will deviate and or tumble to get weight forward. Cast needs to hit, expand a bit, and continue on weight forward through the animal for best results.
That prefers a softer and tougher bullet over a hard one.
I hope that we also can compress, get weight forward and survive our current hammer test as a Nation.
Best regards Sir

Sir, I'm not sure that i agree completely. I've killed Buffalo, bison moose and grizzly with hard cast flat points out of revolvers that were cast to maintain their shape as much as possible and they killed very effectively with most exiting.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first