Yep, I need to get out more often.
Late to the party on many things, but ...
Like a farm boy happy for bad weather so he can goof off ...
I have just come into a collection of literature dating back into the middle of last century.
Gun and hunting magazines. Wolfe pubs, NRA pubs, Precision Shooting, Muzzle Blasts, etc.
These were from a faithful subscriber to many pubs who feels he has learned all he can from this thousand pounds of pulp.
I will catch up on the issues I missed when I was working too many hours and moving about the country for school and jobs.
I was hit or miss on subscriptions and newstand visits except for NRA pubs since the 1980s.
Time to return to the past to marvel at how things used to be.
Mostly better then than now.
I do love my feeble, 89-y.o. Mother and being her care-taker,
but man-oh-man am I going hunting if I out-live her.

So due to extenuating circumstances I am still ordering parts and planning another build.
If I don't get to the M77 Hawkeye .458 WinMag soon,
I am going to finish that .500 Jeffery CZ 550 Magnum out of boredom,
and convert the CVA Scout .45-70 Gov't. into another .45-70 Elko Magnum (CIP) aka .45-2.6"-Sharps-Winchester-Throated (RIP),
and window the Whitworth Mark X magazine box on the .458/.416 Ruger aka .458 Win Ruger (RIP),
so it will hold 3 down instead of only two.
If I screw that up, Sunny Hill Enterprises might have another #430 Assembly available, maybe holding 4 down.
Pinching pennies comes first.

Parts is parts, here's a bargain, available for Ruger M77, wish they did this for Winchester M70 and Mauser M98:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I always did like a stainless steel floorplate on a blue and walnut rifle.
Screenshot from this thread
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/18575386/6/375-h-h-vs-416-rem
is an interesting windowed magazine box (also extended to the front for .375 H&H) belonging to luv2safari:

[Linked Image]

And here is a 1905 vintage 404 Jeffery, the first ever supremely capable DG bolt-action magazine-repeater,
the one that spawned the me-too .425 Westley Richards of 1909, .416 Rigby of 1911 and .375 H&H of 1912,
ultimately leading to the victorious .458 Winchester Magnum of 1956,
and it is missing some magazine parts !!!:

[Linked Image]

That steel plate on the front of the magazine well would be cut off from the M98 box
and stuck on with J-B Weld if I did something like that.
I don't need to go to that extreme,
just need to figure out the best sidewall windowing pattern, similar to the .375 H&H above,
or like the windows on the Winchester M70 RUM actions, heh-heh-heh.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.