Most .460 experts never handloaded the .460 let alone shot it over a period of years. Judgements based on factory ammo which originally used Hornady RN ammunition is neither the best for the .460 nor the best for penetration comparisons. It was simply the common misconception which is no different than the experts who passed judgement on early .458 factory ammo or proclaimed SAAMI Lott superiority over the .458 and its provable performance capabilities.

This thread is a consolidation of first hand experience with the handloading options available to us today which elevates the .458 to its potential.

Based on that being a helpful guide to enthusiasts and people simply exploring the cartridge, it is equally important to clean up inexperience based information stated about the .460's potential as there never has been any published fact reagrding its capability when handoaded to potential, which is a pretty raw deal. My own articles on this subject are not available on the net, being witheld by the publisher because I refused to sign over the rights to my published works uncompensated.

My mileage will always vary for that reason. I have a built affection for the .460 because of nearly 20 years handloading for it and used it in the field so my intent is only to help people understand the facts as best I can help.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.