The dirty little non-secret about Bagwelling with a BPCR: BP fouling with the grease-groove bullets must be controlled with a wiping stick.
Is there a fold-up version on shock-cord to fit in pants pocket ?
The one for the 26"-barreled CVA Paramount .45-cal muzzleloader might be a bit short for a 28" to 30" Sharps.
But, hey, one extra segment could be spliced in from a second CVA field ramrod.
Come to think of it, the Lyman 457121 Whitworth Parker Hale bullet might be used in the CVA Paramount muzzleloader too, with real BP instead of Blackhorn 209.
You will find the Lyman mould for Sir Bill Bagwell's "All Father" bullet in the Lyman listings under muzzleloader moulds.
That takes us back to 1000-yard muzzleloader shooting when it first began in the 1850's with good ol' Mr. Whitworth's engineering
of a proper recipe for bullet caliber, weight, and powder charge.
About 480 grains of .45-caliber lead at about 1300 fps was good then, and it is still Bagwelling nearly 170 years later.

[Linked Image]

Above is a PH loaded into .45-2.6" Starline brass, which is intermediate to the .45-70 and .45-110 that Bagwell so well.
The cartridge I show above is for the .45-70 Elko Magnum, which is the same as a .45-100-2.6" Sharps Straight with a .458 Winchester Magnum throat.
I called it the .45-2.6" Sharps Winchester-Throated until I found out I had re-invented the wheel.
It is only 2 grains of gross water bigger than the .458 Winchester Magnum 2.5".
The .458 WM can be loaded with same loads as the .45-70 Elko Magnum, just play with the COL.
If they are both loaded to same COL, the .458 WM 2.5" will have about 2 grains more net water capacity than the .45-2.6"-based cartridge.

Here is the Lyman 457121 mould for the PH bullet:

[Linked Image]

So, the .45-70 Elko Magnum and .458 WM are basically the same.
They are throated the same.
They have near identical case capacities.
They can both be chambered in .458"-grooved barrels.
The SAAMI .458 Winchester Magnum throat is ideal for paper-patched bullets, Paul Matthews told us so.
I have experimented a bit with this, enough to know that BP works best with PP bullets. I have done it in the .45-70 Elko Magnum.
Will do it in the .458 WM too.
A grease-groove bullet with BP may also be used to Bagwell with the .458 WM and .458 WM+.
But I sure do like Powder-coat painted, gas-checked bullets loaded with Blackhorn 209 for imitating the loads Selous slew so well with.
They even make more smoke and foul more than most "smokeless" powders.
I will call that Selousing, which is a lot like Bagwelling.
Yes, I quest after Bagwelling with BP as well as Selousing with Blackhorn 209 in the .458 WM and .458 WM+.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.