Originally Posted by Fury01
I’m betting it will feed sir. If it doesn’t a slight radius of the outer edge will fix it.

Sir Dennis,
You are referring to .458-400gr XTSX-1, of course.
Absolutely, a radius on the outer edge of the meplat would be desirable.
More than just breaking the sharpness off the edge, a full-blown bevel would work better.
Could be done by more vigorous application of the handtool used for that edge break,
one of of those oh-so-useful, thimble-like deburring tools used on the mouths of brass cartridge cases.
Copper is softer than brass !
Less drilling and chamfering inside the hollowpoint would be needed then to get it to 400 grains.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

For the .458-400gr brass solid:
Shaped like a beer keg, with an FN nose and a symmetric/mirror image boat tail for base, with a hollow point hole in the base,
and a ballistic tip insert if used as an expanding bullet when the hollow-base FN solid is shot backwards.
Sound familiar ?

The slug used for 12ga From Hell could be a model for diameter reduction to .458-400gr brass FN solid.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The .458 Winchester Magnum sure is a sweet little deer cartridge.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rob modified my cast-lead Darwin for his lathe-turned imitation Darwins.
My cast-lead Darwin translated to brass would weigh about 1100 grains as a .730-caliber with 1.375" BOL.
If the .730-caliber Darwin is reduced to .458" major diameter but remained 1.375" long, it would weigh about 430 grains if made of brass ?
Some fine tuning of the design is needed to get to exactly 400 grains.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.