Sir Ron;

Excellent report with detailed photos; thanks and congratulations!

I got out for deer three half-days in the newly logged-out area. Increased sign of deer activity. It was good to see wildlife moving back into an area that experienced two years of logging operations. On the last day (Wednesday, Nov. 10), there were fresh moose tracks of a bull, cow and calf. I fully expected to see them "in there", but didn't, though may have heard them just beyond a hill, out of sight. Of course, moose season was over two weeks prior, and I didn't have a licence anyway. Still two weeks remain for bear, and coyote and wolf till the end of March, 2022. I plan to go back to that same area for some calling. That also can work for bears. Anyway, it gets me out there.

All I have now for such hunting is my Ruger #1 in .458 Win with that deer load. That's plenty. My 9.3 x 62 is in "the shop" for a "slim-line" muzzle break. It won't be ready for 6 - 8 weeks. By then I'll be thinking spring bear hunting!

You "done good" with that load of the 400g Barnes TSX from Buffalo Bore! I'm surprised that buck made 30 yards after a hit like that! Again, congrats!

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus