I love hunting. One of my favorite things to hunt are coues whitetail deer in southern AZ. I foolishly shot a tiny buck on the second day this year. I should have just scratched my itchy trigger finger because I could have shot this buck probably every day of the hunt. I even went to a lot of trouble to get him. 425 yards is no chip shot. I shouldn't have but I did, and I knew I'd be eating well. That's me with the sweet chops and a delicious coues deer (buddy got his brother):
[Linked Image]

I have no regrets, especially on nights like tonight. He's a tasty sumbitch as these deer are prone to be. Had this round roast out for a couple days in the fridge. Splayed open, salt and pepper, seared in bacon fat and brushed with English mustard immediately after searing:
[Linked Image]

Stuffed with pepper jack and parmesan cheese flakes and a lobster tail:
[Linked Image]

Gotta have lemon juice when you cook a lobster tail, and when life gives you lemons... make a sidecar. Came in handy while I messed around baking the tail:
[Linked Image]

Tied that sucker up and put it in the smoker for about an hour. I wanted to keep drinking but I had mowing to do. The grass grows for about 2 months in Flagstaff but it grows fast when it's growing.
[Linked Image]

Sliced into medallions and went lazy with the sides since I was mowing. Arugula greens with ranch and some cherries. Not bad for a Wednesday:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by huntinaz; 08/02/17.