WOW, and here I thought you were gonna say some miso paste in the soup. Simple? Sheesh.

Because thats what I would do. grin

Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Looks fantastic. Whats the base of the broth?
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Another night with the girls, this time a quick asian noodle soup, made by my daughters especially for Mom.
[Linked Image]

In a large pot brown 3 pounds of fairly meaty beef bones in a few tablespoons of oil, when bones and meat are browned (pour off oil), add 3 litres water to the pot, and 1 cup of soya sauce. To pot add 1 large Vadalia onion quartered into hunks, 6 thumb size pieces of fresh ginger peeled and scored with a fork, three fresh chili peppers, six large whole garlic cloves (smashed), 1/2 tsp five spice powder, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 12 peppercorns, 1 tablespoon of salt, 3 litres of water, 4 large celery stalks cut into large chunks, 4 large carrots peeled and cut into chunks. I simmered the broth for 2 hours adding a bit of water twice to maintain amount of broth desired.

We adjusted salt and five spice powder to taste, and perked it up with a couple of splashes of white vinergar.

We pulled the meat from the bones and added it to the pot, I also added precooked chinese egg noodles, and a variety of veggies cut into match stick size.

Simple, not an authentic recipe, just something we have always cooked together and enjoyed together smile

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."