Originally Posted by Valsdad
Tonight was one of mankind's greatest inventions.

NOODLES!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Imagine that, a guy named Geno liking pasta. Comfort food made even more special by using the family colander, which I got when we distributed mom's stuff when she went in the Alzheimer's place years and years ago. Jokingly sent that pic to my siblings in our daily family text and said "I wonder how many pots of skettis got drained in that thing" ? One of the brothers replied, 2x a week x 50 years. And I have a suspicion he's not far off. I don't use it as much, noodles are only once a week or less now, and many times we just fix enough for one meal for the two of us. The pot gets drained using the lid only.

Dinner was pasta primavera of sorts. Tomatoes and squash from the farmers mkt yesterday, onion, garlic, basil, thyme, and oregano from the garden, same for the couple of dried peppers I put in for taste, and sausage (spicy Andouille? I tossed the wrapper the other day and forgot) from the good butcher shop up the road.

I have a happy tummy as a kid might say:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I think I have the same aluminum colander. It was my grandmother's. Hers wasn't filled with noodles though. Eggs and produce from the garden. That's what I remember in it.