Fatcity Dumpster Delight: Swedish Five Cheese Tortelloni Steakhouse Stroganoff

Adjust accordingly to taste.

Two yellow onions
1lb button mushrooms
2lbs ground beef, half hour at room temp.
1lbs frozen spinach
1.5lb pkg Kirkland Five Cheese Tortelloni
16oz Daisy Sour Cream
Half Stick butter
Cup or more of regular milk
1/2 cup or more half n half
Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO
Granulated garlic
Fresh cracked pepper
Level Table spoon Sea Salt, use less if using table salt. Bigger flakes in sea salt.
Allspice
Half a lemon

Couple hours before boil Tortelloni per instructions to aldente. Into bowl coat with couple teaspoons EVOO. Leave bowl uncovered until pasta starts to dry out slightly. Cover put in fridge or use immediately.

Slice onions in half thru root and top. Slice up each half face down again thru the poles. I like mine thick. Slice up mushrooms same, thick. Sauté onions first with as much granulated garlic you like. I like a lot. When they get soft toss in mushrooms. Cook down until they lose a little water. Don’t over sauté and break down completely. Again think chunky. Toss in bowl.

Turn pan to high when left over oil and garlic start to slightly smoke toss in meat and meat juices. Let scorch a little then break up and brown. I like mine with good carmelization on meat.. Toss in bowl.

Toss frozen Spinach into hot pan cook till broken apart and pan deglazed. Next time I will use one lb spinach per lb of beef. Loses to much volume.

Turn down to med low.

Toss beef back in pan use spatula to scoop in all juices. LOTS of fresh cracked pepper and about a table spoon of salt. Mix together then toss in onions/mushrooms mix sprinkle allspice over top. I kept tasting until it reminded me of A good Steakhouse creamed spinach dish.

Dump in sour cream, butter, milk and half n half, mix till all incorporated. Toss in Tortelloni, heat thru and FOLD so they don’t break apart.

Add more milk and or half n half until you get the desired creamy and sauciness. Fold don’t stir. More pepper/salt to taste.

At end after off heat I squeeze a little less than half a lemon over top and folded in. Also use after plated if you really like the fresh tangy taste.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by FatCity67; 06/10/18.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."