Originally Posted by Valsdad
I'm going to try to remember to visit more often. Had to go back a few pages to catch up. Sam's peasant dishes made me wish I was still in E. WA where I could hunt the dang things right out the back door.

James, now I've got a hankering for chicken and dumplings.....................thanks.

Everyone else, congrats on the good eats............even the Spam right out of the can.

Tonight's was rather nice here. Pork roast and vegies. (carrot, turnip, celery, taters)

[Linked Image]

Wouldn't call it amazing, but it was delicious and filling.

Gen.

PS, Fat City.............................there's some carnitas makings there. My cast iron will be getting a work out this week. Gonna hafta whip up some homemade tortillas for that.

Looks good Geno.

I just bought a big ol pork Shoulder roast myself a couple days ago.

I plan to use half of it to see if I can replicate Bob's Goulash recipe and the other half to make some "Hunters Sausage" I've been wanting to try. The roast doesn't have as much fat as I would like for sausage but it's 1/3 bacon so I think it'll be ok.

Hopefully I'll start feeling better and can get back on the job soon but until then it's a couple of scrambled eggs, cottage cheese and peaches, and chicken noodle soup and I don't mind telling you...........it's getting pretty dam old.