Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Remsen
A bit of leftover matzo ball soup tonight.

It starts with the chicken, a bunch of chicken feet and some of the innards...

[Linked Image]

After a full day of simmering, the broth is ready (all solids are removed) and the matzo balls go in to boil

[Linked Image]

To finish it off, I ground up some horseradish to add to the soup. We like our horseradish really potent and while a gas mask ain't 100% necessary, it sure helps things.

[Linked Image]

How do you make your matzo balls?

I am a fan of the sinkers...so I use the the traditional recipe of 2 eggs (beaten), add in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and a bit of salt, a few tablespoons of water (or chicken stock) and then mix in half a cup of matzo meal. Let the mixture sit in a fridge for at least half an hour (the longer it sits, the denser the matzo balls), then form them into small balls (maybe 3/4" across) and drop them into the boiling chicken stock. 10 minutes later, they're done. We then put a big spoonful of grated horseradish into the soup bowl before eating it, but we tend to have a thing for that level of heat. We also add in the gizzards after they've simmered for about 12 hours and have become really tender.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.