Originally Posted by robertham1
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Thanks for the compliments… I don’t have a specific recipe i use. The last few things I’ve made I’ve regretted not writing down the recipe I ended up with. I should start.

I used 2 boneless pork shoulders, trimmed a little fat from them and cubed them up. Cover with water and simmered with some garlic cloves, oregano and bay leaves. Constantly skimming the foam from the top. After about an hour I take some of the liquid and reconstitute some seeded/dried chiles (guajilo/acho). Add some garlic and onion and blend it into the paste you see in the picture. Mix it up and give it a try.

I prefer a strong broth so i add more chilies than most. Let simmer. Add as much hominy as you like- I find hominy is a love/hate thing. I love it. Simmer until the meat is tender.

Cabbage, cilantro, onion, lemon, oregano, red pepper flake added to your bowl when serving. Served with some tortillas too- I’m partial to flour.

I’d suggest following an online recipe for the first time, then adjust as per your particular taste. Good luck and if you give it a go- let us know how it turned out.

Thank you so far. By reconstituting some seeded/dried chiles, do you mean that you make the red paste? (I am no native English speaker, sorry)

Elmer Keith