16',

Necking the suck outta the 308...ain't ever a bad start.(grin)

.600-ish BC's with modest recoil,ain't tough to like and a guy could do much worse than a 6.5 these days. Was a potpourri of sorts today,as we was Woof Prowlin'/Howlin' and checking traps...in this horrid Kansas weather.

OEM 243Win/105's(A-Max),OEM 7-08/162's(A-Max) and Laser [bleep] Beam 6-284/105's(Hornie HPBT).

[Linked Image]

Missed this guy by no more than a Milford tide change.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sort of a retrostalgic day,as I revisited an aged Benchrest I'd carved nearly 20yrs ago.

[Linked Image]

It's way better than (2) 23.3" 1-7.7" Krieger 22-250AI's in diameter and don't move much in the wind.(grin)

[Linked Image]

'Nother tough day at The Office.

'smoker,

Obliged on the heads up. Pard is hot on a 6.5 Whizzum and I think he's gonna go 700 S/A and DBM stuffed with Alpha2's,into a Chub A5. I told him I'd go 3" Winny receiver(your's),ADL,wrapped in a Sako Hunter and wearing a #2 at 24".

Be curious to see how it fares.

rick',

Couple pards as of late,have been zookin' their beloved 6.5 140Max's on Critters and are getting ascared of them,for such things(260AI's). Apparently Hornie thinned the jackets on purpose?

Shame.

WSM',

I've killed with all of them chamberings cited,amongst a host of others within the ilk,that ain't mentioned.

If ALL things are equal in differing diameters,to the tune of like projectile integrity and BC's,one can reliably take it to the [bleep] Bank,that the larger bore size is gonna squirt like weight projectiles at increased speeds over it's skinnier cousin. However...things is FAR from "equal" in differing diameters and therein lies the dilemma . Hint. For a 25 to Trump a 6mm,you gotta shovel MUCH more coal into the boiler room and the 25-06 to 243 comparison...ain't enough disparity in CC's to do that. That FACT,seems to trouble pointy-headed Windowlickers in their tinfoil hats,more than a little.(grin)

Boolits matter more than headstamps,but it's funnier than [bleep] to grant them who take exception,the opportunity to showcase their [bleep] stupidity and offer a "Treatise" upon same.

Had a 17HMR,22LR,SAAMI Hornet,223AI,22-250AI,243,6-284,7-08 and 280 in my crummy today and the winds were beyond "sporty". Schit ain't the same and it really do AMAZE me,how [bleep] few can grasp such simplistic FACTS...but obviously,they only shoot their mouths and Imaginations.

Reality ain't for everyone.

Sammo,

Had a "300-500yd Guy" along today and I reckon the jaunt'll set him back at least $10K...trying to hastily get up to speed.(grin)

Don't take long to swoon POA/POI intersections,via lonnggggggg shot strings of zero [bleep] maintenance and eerie repeatability(I've even gots a few rifles that "look" like they've been used a smidge). Ain't no fun for me to shoot and put on a Clinic(though it's easily arranged,as per my whim)...but to set a guy up with good wares,give him erector/wind dope and watching him blow his own mind is Big Medicine. Tough on wallets though,because I've yet to see a single soul refrain the upgrade in Technique or Tooling. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy less inexpensive,to have never been exposed.(grin)

'Course I'm but a 5 minute drive to get out to 1350+yds and it's easy for me to say...because I've got all of it and have long savvied what do,what don't and more importantly why.

There ain't NOONE tough enough to waltz away from that which is reliably predictable,given Today's upper echelon BC boolits,in chambers/spouts crafted to extoll the virtues of same...after having done did just that. Noone.(grin)

I've seen me cart slower twist schit in like chamberings along,to reiterate the obvious,though that's prolly "mean".

Good schit sells itself.