[quote=SuperCub][quote]

Like, what do you need to start a chainsaw, Grade 7?

Actually I do have some experience in this area so I suppose it would be considered proper for me to chime in on the particulars of the Alaskan Timber Faller (Bushler). Now having cut timber for 20+ years I suppose I could start by telling a little bit about my experience cutting in the Redwoods in California.

The fact is there really are very few men in the world and it most certainly requires a special breed of man to begin to have the common sense, strength, and ability to even consider tackling one of these monsters.....let alone having the finesse to lay a tree worth hundreds of thousands of dollars on the ground without pissing away half the worth of the tree due to lack of skill that very few men alive today could possibly hope to be capable of!!!

With that said in all honesty I can say assuredly that any day of a Timber Fallers life in Alaska does indeed make the world class Redwood Faller look like a little 3 year old boy that just pissed his pants and went home crying cause the little girl across the street just whipped his asss.

The Alaskan Timber Faller is indeed the most dangerous occupation in the world and for a certainty only the most intelligent and strongest of men live to ever tell about it.

I will say for a certainty I did not like Boxer when I first came across his posts. After I came to the realization of what this man does for a living and where he does it he without question will always have my deepest respect and admiration.Boxer, be careful out there Brother and I hope you always come home safe to your family.

Shod

Last edited by Shod; 06/21/13.