Never owned a .17 myself until a month or so back then lost my mind.

.1775" +/- in the groove, all 12 of them. 8" barrel nested within, diopter and all that. Probably would excel at plinkin' roaches, but I might do a pig with it if the Poobah promises to not accuse me of stunt shooting. Actually came with a bullet mould, that amusing me greatly. 2 groove greaser. God help me.

Rig is 10#3oz. unloaded and shoots seriously well albeit without great significance.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Crazy German fellow built this, sometime back around the '20s or so. Germans build some good stuff.

[Linked Image]

Dunno what to say about the Annie conversion to a repeating lifestyle. Prefer singles, repeaters, pumps, bolts, break actions, falling blocks, levers, wheelguns or belt fed as the circumstance warrants. Never had to shoot a chargin' pig what I had already shot, but was tempted before the divorce which followed the charge card cancellation. Wow.

'Cept for the novelty I never had a lot of use for the .17s as the AO doesn't lend itself to such things. .22's are a different bag, pop'n flop. Close is personal, or so I think.

File in FWIW basket, the contraption below, which is a repeater. Without the palm rest it isn't as awkward as one might think. Maybe for the field the tube sight might be replaced or removed. Redfield Olympic aperture nested in there that is a wee small view, about .004". The other butt plate is conventional, more or less. Almost a Cheerio shooter.

Is a fifty yard 10 shot wad, little breeze. Wolf MT.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So I guess .22s and .17s are skookum in their place. Even shot my first deer with a .243. Neck shot 8 point around 125 yards. Longest shot I ever faced down here. Haven't figured out yet if it was deader than the ones shot with 1/4 bores.

Beau Coup fun.......

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain