Here we don�t see many Steller�s jays
[Linked Image]

But we do see a ton of the western scrub jays.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Didn't have walnuts, but lots of fig trees. I would hide inside a big fig tree. Of course they would almost like a bush and the limbs would come to the ground. They had to be big enough where you could maneuver your rifle to get a shot. I'd massacre cardinals and jays when they came in for figs. At 2 to 4 ft. you could shoot through the leaves at their shadows and pretty much be sure you'd kill em� deader than a hammer.

In the mid to late 90's I got into sniping crows with the small calibers. Particularly the 17 Mach IV. I had a T/C Contender with a 20� barrel I kept in my truck in the big sky rack.
[Linked Image]

Before the first 9/11 as I was circling Houston on the Beltway 8 system on the way from here to there, I'd see crows on the side of the road. Wouldn't be anything to slow down, pull off on the shoulder at an angle, get out and set up behind a wheel and nail one. Pulled that off many a time. Also would sit under pecan trees in the early fall. When those crows came in, I let them have it with the Mach IV. Looked like someone had exploded a pillow with black feathers during a pillow fight.

When the 20 calibers came out I gravitated that way.

[Linked Image]
Cooper model 21 Classic, Tactical 20

The Tac-20 is death on black birds.
A 40 gr.v-max at 3,850 fps makes for a dead crow. At 300 yds and under it is a laser, and it�s pretty much lights out if I do my part.

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.