Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

Yessir,
draw an imaginary line, between the ear and shoulder and place your bullet two inches below the ear at that line.

At 150 to 200 yds. on a target that's constantly moving taken with the lag time between when your brain sez "squeeze" and your finger actually does, the sear drops, the firing pin slams the primer, the bullet exits the muzzle and the bullet stikes, things ain't always perfect.
But when a plan comes together..........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

they are DRT.

and with a quick flick of a blade and the head comes right off. No twisting, no sawing no muss, no fuss.

[Linked Image]

course from time to time they move six or eight inches,

[Linked Image]

then one usually ends up tracking,

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_8185.jpg[/img]

usually, at night, on hands and knees through as Johnny Horton put it "through the briars and the brambles where a rabbit couldn't go".
So much fun crawling on your hands and knees with a flashlight in one hand and a pistol in the other thinkin', I'm miles from nowhere, nobody knows where I am, after almost 50 years of doing this, one day my number is going to come up. Good reason to wear a headlight. That way you can hold a knife in the other hand.

Then I start thinkin' about

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/alb...unstuff/IMG_0638-1_zpsf4c3f73b.jpg[/img]

sittin' around with my buds having a toddy and lying like a rug about how big that hoglet was that I shot an hour ago. In my old age that's beginning to seem like the better part of valor.

Conseqently I try to make sure those piggies are DRT.

Best,

GWB
Geedub,really do like the color on the first hog,is that a common color or rare?

Also looks like you have life figured out,except for the chasing of wounded hogs,at night,on hands and knees.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken