Originally Posted by DanAdair
I don't see the point in this thread at all...

But then I own a 260 laugh

Dan,

Point?

Nah!, stream of consciousness.

What�s the old saying that opinions are like noses, everyone has one and most of them smell���..

Although I prefer the 25-06 to the 243, the same holds true for the 260 over the 25-06.

[Linked Image]

Where I hunt, the typical shot is 200 yds. and under, with most being where there is heavy cover within a few feet of where the critter is standing when shot. Unless it�s a spine or CNS shot, most stuff is not DRT. If a blood trail can�t be found within 10� of the point of impact, many times, (especially at dark-thirty) your quarry can�t be found. If that is the case, that means no meat. If the temps don�t spoil the meat, coyotes, hogs, and other vermin will have it consumed by the next day. So a heavier bullet at moderate velocity gives more �whop� and usually complete penetration and blood to follow should it be necessary. On hogs I try to place a bullet two inches below the ear, on a line between the ear and shoulder. If done correctly, it severs the spine, they drop and paddle and no tracking. But being as they are constantly moving and almost never still, sometimes between when my brain sez� pull and my finger obeys, they move. That�when the additional grainage comes in handy.

I like the 6.5�s. I load the 130 gr. Nosler Accubonds in the 260 Rem and 6.5 x 284.
I�m load testing the 6.5 Leopard (6.5 WSM) with 140�s. The Hornady SST's shoot fine but are more frangible than I like. The Sierra Sptizers have promise. Got some Accubonds on the way in I want to try.

I do like the 260's.

[Linked Image]
Sako 75 Varmint, & Kimber Montana, 260 Rem.

The Sako Varmint w/ set trigger is a shooter.......
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I figure if I want a little more �oomph� well there is the 6.5 x 284
[Linked Image]

And if I need to reach out a lil� further, well there is the 6.5 WSM
[Linked Image]

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.