Originally Posted by wageslave
Always love the kiddo pics.....
I woulda killed for that brand of childhood activity.

Gents,

I don�t believe anyone here can say that they have heard me say a critical word about good gear.

[Linked Image]

In fact I�ve a saying, �very seldom am I sorry that I went first class�.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That notwithstanding, In my own life, looking back at all the stuff I did with my grandparents such as fishing for brim and catfish with worms from my grandma�s wormbox, free shrimping with cane poles for speckeled trout with my grandpa at Rollover pass, twisting rabbits out of a hole with a forked stick, learning to still hunt squirrels, I do not remember once feeling embarrassed about the equipment we used.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The tomwalkers and slingshots my grandpa made were not store-bought, but I treasure them to this day.

I also cannot remember one time my kids complaining about spending the summers at our farm riding horses, swimming and fishing in the lake and creek with our family. When I hear them talk about those days, the topic of whether they used Zebco or Shakespeare or later on Shimano never comes up. Rather they talk about what a good time they had with their cousins, friends and their grandma and grandpa.

There will be time enough for �good gear�. Right now time well spent with a youngster would seem to be much more important than the �gear�.

[Linked Image]

JMHO,

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.