Originally Posted by Boxer

WSM,

"Thinking" very obviously isn't your longsuit...not that I wish to quell your attempts at same. Few things more hilarious,than a day Dreaming Dumbphucker talking out their azz,in regards to things they've never seen,or ever could do.

Feel free to wax eloquent upon your Concrete Jungle and "all" the "satisfactions" inherent,as that really is fascinating stuff. Laffin'! For some reason,you keep skirting rifle "particulars",but I'm groovin' on how very real your Whine is.

Keep living on the "edge".

Laffin'!

Boxer:
Just what particulars are you asking for? You rant so much it is very hard to follow anything you say. If we go back to the original posters question he asked opinions over the .243 vrs the 25-06 for deer and lopes. As I have just acquired my first .243, a Winchester M70 heavy barrel built in 1970 topped with a Leupold VXIII 6.5-20 and am still working loads up for it as a woodchuck rifle I can not give any info for the .243 as a deer rifle. I have never shot a 25-06 but I do have a .257AI that is built with a 26 inch heavy varmint barrel again for woodchucks. My answer was I would get a .260 or 6.5x55 if I was looking for a deer/lope rifle only. I am sure I could say how I would have such rifle set up but the original poster would do much better setting it up for his needs not mine. I have killed deer with the .260 and find it a pleasant shooting round and more than capable for what the original poster is looking for. As for particulars past that I see no reason to post unless the original poster would have asked.