Originally Posted by Techsan

And, to keep it topic related, I've shot a deer or two with a 243. Have yet to shoot anything with a 25-06, but it's on my bucket list.

[Linked Image]

First deer I ever had mounted. IIRC it was two days before my birthday in mid December. We were hunting in Junction, Texas. I had a borrowed bolt action 243. IIRC it was 1970 and I was turning 19. It was over 90 degrees that day in December. Big fat guy had me walking the draws while he stayed up high. Figured I'd flush the deer and he could get a shot and did not have to walk so much. I flushed this buck and it took off like a streak. He shot and missed. I figured I was good to go. Shot him on a dead run (the deer, not me) at about 75 yds. He was quartering away. Hit him in the spine. He dug dirt with his antlers and did an endo. I was pumped. I'd seen turkey the day before, but the turkey were too far for a shotgun. The men in camp didn't believe I could shoot and hit a turkey with a rifle. After that chip shot on the deer, I had no problem carrying a rifle. Can't remember if I've shot a deer with a 243 Win. since

Fast forward near 40 years and here is one I took just before the end of legal shooting hours December 26th of that year. He made the mistake of stepping out on a game trail I was watching. Nailed him with my Cooper Jackson Game rifle in 25-06 Rem. @ +/- 80 yds, using 110 gr. Accubonds. He ran about 50 yds and piled up. Kept the rack, for a European. At this stage of the game I've BTDT on mounts.

[Linked Image]

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.