Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Gebub, What caliber rifle is that next to the ringtailed cat. It sure has a different stock.

Both the rifles are 22-250 Rem. The rifle you asked about it a Remington 700. Like it�s Cooper cousin, it is a single shot. The barreled action was smithed by a guy out of New Branfels Texas by the name of Dietz. Don�t know whether he is still alive nor not. He used to advertise in the Varmint Hunter Magazine. I took it up to him and he said yeah, that was his stamp on the barrel but he said the stock was not his.
Years ago when I first started collecting guns, one could go into a pawn shop and "dicker" these days many of the "majors" don't sell firearms, and are many times out of sight on the price. At that time I had a circuit of pawnshops I used to haunt. I'd cherry-pick 'em. That is the case with this one. I think it was built in the mid 80�s. I picked it up sometime around 1995 for around 5 Benjamins IIRC. An old benchrest shooter evidently had gotten in a pickle and came in and pawned a bunch of guns. I saw this one and put it on lay away and paid it out. I'm not sure what type of wood was used for the stock. It has a heavy stainless barrel crowned at 26", is pillar bedded, and the trigger is one of the best of any Remington I�ve encountered. It is a shooter with the 52gr. Berger F/B Varmint, 210M primers and an OAL of 2.350�.
Back when I was into higher magnification, I'd picked up a couple of the Tasco World Class Plus II Scopes in 10 x 40 x50 w/fine crosshair and target dot. That's what it wears to date.

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.