Originally Posted by Boxer

Gee',

Have never been around Taxidermy and it seems like it would cost quite a bit and money don't grow on trees.

Or mebbe it [bleep] does.

Laffin'!

B,

If you recall, I once or twice mentioned about if I ever wrote a book, I'd title it "A farmer looks at life"

Chapter 2 might be "you can be a squash in six weeks or an oak tree in 100 years"
Chapter 3-- "You reap what you sow" Don't harvest corn when ya' plant wheat.

Early on I planted a money tree, an evergreen at that. Now I just sit in the shade of that ol' tree and shake it now and then. LOL

And I can relate on the taxidermy. Someone else implied that you desiccate your kills and snort them. Might just work.
Anywho, everybody's gotta be somewhere and at that time I was into having a "game room". No big deal, but every thing on my wall was taken DIY off one of my leases here in Texas. No guide, and did not "pay" for the hunt. All were targets of opportunity taken while I was enjoying the pleasure of being in the field at my own discretion.
I'll probably never do another mount, no matter what I kill. I've prolly another dozen deerheads at my son's that are potential "European" mounts that are languishing.

I'd also say that good gear such as fishing tackle, optics, CAMERAS/LENSES and rifles provide a much greater ROI than do hides, horns, fins and feathers stretched over a plaster cast.

[Linked Image]

Pretty much abandoned taxidermy for digital photos these days.

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.